Spread the Word: Celebrate Our Waters Goes Live!
Orleans Pond Coalition is happy to announce the weekend schedule for its popular Celebrate Our Waters festival in Orleans September 22nd & 23rd. With the Nauset Beach Bonfire and 50+ other activities, you’ll enjoy old favorites and many new ones. Watch your mailbox for a compact schedule. For the full schedule, event details and locations, and the latest updates, visit our website, orleanspondcoalition.org. On-line reservations for certain events will open on the website Sept. 13. Invite your friends and neighbors to check out this special community festival. There is something for everyone and all events are free!
Spread the Word: New Children’s Tent at Rock Harbor!
Don’t miss these free, fun-for-all activities
- “Sharktivities” for kids with the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy
- “Captain Awesome” with microscopes and plankton educational activities
- Make your own fish print T-shirt using frozen bycatch – yucky & fun!
- Discover Cape Cod Eco-Tales with Heidi Clemmer
- Meet the Turtle Sisters with Susan Baur
- A Lifeguard’s Job is Keeping You Safe with a Nauset Lifeguard
- Nature Art with Mary Richmond
- Science fun with Lucy Gilmore of the Cape Cod Children’s Place
- Hop on board and explore the motor lifeboat CG36500
- Filter ocean water activity with “Krill” Carson
- Pick up your “Geocaching” map at the Tent and explore around Town
- Yummy ice cream and food trucks
- Sand sculpture contest (starts a 3 pm at Rock Harbor)
Other kids’ activities (not at Rock Harbor):
- Freshwater fishing at Crystal Lake (Sunday 9-10:30)
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding for 10 and older (reservations required)
- Sailing at many locations (reservations required)
- Introduction to rowing for middle schoolers (Town Cove Landing Saturday 8-9:45)
Spread the Word: Help us Find Artistic Students!
Juried Art Show for Middle School and High School Students
Orleans Pond Coalition is hosting its first juried student art show, Student Art Celebrates Our Waters, because art inspires good stewardship. Middle School and High School students have been invited to submit their artwork to be judged by Maryalice Eizenberg of Addison Art Gallery. Come enjoy their art show at The Old Firehouse Gallery, 44 Main Street on Saturday, September 22, 10 – 3. Awards will be presented at the Paul Fulcher Memorial Bonfire that evening.
Click here for information on how to participate